One of the most influential hip hop groups of all-time entering the Fortnite world – The Wu-Tang Clan.
Wu-Tang Clan Revolution Coming to Fortnite
On April 23 at 8PM ET, the cultural icons are bringing a style revolution to the Fortnite community with a variety of Wu Wear items.
Epic Games is committed to continuing to bring exciting music experiences to Fortnite for players. We’ve had global stars coming into the game, and we’ve also had break out stars too with Soundwave Series.
Wu-Tang Clan member RZA chimed in on the move “Fortnite has been in my household for years. It’s been a pleasure and joy watching the game evolve, while becoming the go to pastime. This collaboration is a multigenerational ‘drip’ of swag and cool. If what you say is true, Fortnite and Wutang could be Fortangerous”
A few highlights from the Wu-Tang announcement:
- THE WU-TANG ITEMS:
- Players can choose from two iconic Outfits (Throwback BG and B.R.I.T.E) and matching accessories in the Fortnite Item Shop.
- Outfits are available individually or together in the Wu Wear Bundle. This bundle also includes the Wu-Tang Hands Emoticon and Wu-Tang Style Loading Screen
- Fun fact:The Back Bling is reactive to music (aka any music you come across in the game will mean the Back Bling will react and change in appearance), and the Pickaxe is reactive to hits (‘hits’ being anything you hit with your Pickaxe
- OTHER ITEMS AVAILABLE: the Wu-Tang is Forever Emote, the Shimmy Surfer Glider, Wu Wrap, Wu-Tang Banner, Wu Boom Box Spray
- IRL OUTFITS:
- To commemorate Wu-Tang’s arrival in Fortnite, Wu-Tang is creating Wu-Tang x Fortnite collab apparel – including real-world versions of the Wu outfits featured in Fortnite. Merch launches this coming Saturday (April 23) at 8pm ET here.
- For more info please see the Fortnite blog.
Stay tuned to Last Word on Gaming for all the latest gaming news and reviews.
Will you be making use of any of the new Wu-Tang Clan inspired items in Fortnite?
Leave your comments below and let us know your thoughts!