The newest installment of the WWE game franchise, WWE 2K22 has arrived, bringing with it new game modes, a redesigned engine, and more. Fans of the franchise have a lot to look forward to – here’s the lowdown on what to expect.
All-New Game Modes in WWE 2K22
As well as improved graphics, accessible controls, and immersive camera angles, there are some new game modes to try. These include:
- MyGM – players can select one of five GMs or create their own. They’ll have to manage budgets, draft a roster, choose match types and locations, and play with production elements to beat a rival GM, with a final at WrestleMania
- 2K Showcase Starring Ray Mysterio – enjoy playing through the most iconic matches of Mysterio’s 20-year WWE career, with interviews from Mysterio for each match, and a seamless transition from actual gameplay into live-action footage
- MyFACTION – a single-player mode, where players can collect, manage, and upgrade WWE Superstars and Legends to create four-player factions
- MyRISE – players can climb the ranks from Rookie to Superstar, with men’s and women’s division storylines to play
- Creation Suite – with cross-platform community creations, a ‘Featured Creator’ section, and a Create a Superstar wizard, the creation suite has had an upgrade
- Universe – this mode allows players to customize everything, from brands to live events to rivalries and more. Universe includes Classic and Superstar sub-modes, with the player able to control the smallest details.
WWE 2K22 Pre-Orders and Editions
There are 4 editions of the game available:
- Standard Edition – available on previous-gen platforms (PS4, Xbox One, and PC) and current-gen consoles (PS5, Xbox Series X|S)
- Cross-Gen Bundle – includes digital Standard Edition and the Starrcade ’96 Rey Mysterio pack across previous and current-gen (within the same PS/Xbox consoles)
- Deluxe Edition – available on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series S|S (physical and digital) and PC (digital only), this includes the Standard Edition plus the Undertaker Immortal Pack, a season pass to all 5 post-launch DLC content packs, the MyRISE Mega-Boost and SuperCharger packs, and limited-edition WWE SuperCard Content (physical copies only)
- The nWo 4-Life Digital Edition – for PS5, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC, this includes the Standard Edition, all the content included in the Deluxe Edition, plus MyFACTION EVO Cards and bonus characters and attires
Players who pre-ordered the game will also enjoy some bonuses, including MyFACTION EVO Cards.
A Diverse Soundtrack
Players can enjoy the soundtrack, curated by Executive Soundtrack Producer Machine Gun Kelly (who will be available as a playable character in a future content pack).
There’s a lot to look forward to here: check out the Twitter account for 2K22 for updates and news.
Leave your comments in the comments section below and let us know your thoughts!
Will you be picking up WWE 2K22?
Stay tuned to Last Word on Gaming for all the latest gaming news and reviews.