Square Enix have release a rather generous 5-minute sneak peek of the upcoming Life is Strange Remastered Collection. Featuring updated character models, improved motion capture and more, players will be able to experience legendary leads, Max and Chloe, like never before on Google Stadia, Xbox One, PlayStation4, GeForce Now, and PC Steam.
New Five Minute Clip Shows More of Life Is Strange: Remastered Collection
Improvements visible in this clip are:
- Now rendering in native 4K in Unreal 4, with a rebuilt lighting pipeline.
- New and updated 4K-ready character models with increased polycounts and additional bones are visible throughout
- All character models feature more emotive and expressive animation, more natural hair physics, and updated tears, injuries, and more.
- Max’s tears and expressions are more detailed with updated facial SFX
- Nathan and Chloe’s facial expressions and eyelines have been revamped
- New lip-sync animation throughout.
- New and updated scenic materials for reflectivity and texture.
- Updated models and materials for key props, ex. the bucket in the bathroom
The collections will be available on Google Stadia, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, GeForce Now, PC Steam on February 1, 2022. PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions will also be compatible with the next-gen PlayStation 5, and XBOX SERIES X|S consoles.
As with True Colours, Nintendo Switch fans will have to wait a little bit long with that version becoming available at a later, as yet unconfirmed date.
Purchasers of the Life is Strange: True Colors Ultimate Edition will also receive the Life is Strange Remastered Collection.
You can check out the full five minute trailer here: https://youtu.be/z3OibmsTE1Q
Leave your comments in the comments section below and let us know your thoughts!