Part of being a fan is looking forward to newer game releases. Yearly, we always have multiple announcements from renowned game developers promising fans new excitement. While game development is notably more efficient today, recent game releases contain many details.
Fans may have to wait for more than a year owing to that fact. The silver lining is that there are games you can play without waiting for newer versions. Why not play free pokies online, where gaming fun is endless? Both players and operators enjoy the excitement of new game releases at online casinos. To keep their selections interesting, draw new players, and keep current ones playing, online casinos frequently add new games. So let’s see what releases PlayStation is planning for October.
The PlayStation Brand
PlayStation is a brand under Sony that sells consoles and video games. This brand kicked off in Japan in 1994 and has sold hundreds of millions of consoles ever since. PlayStation has released multiple console versions and video games since 1994 till date. Consoles like PlayStation are famous for players because they are well-optimised platforms designed for the best user experience. The brand now has a comprehensive online gaming platform, more gaming hardware and plans to expand further. Their most recent console is the PlayStation 5 (PS5), released in November 2020.
Will There be PS4 Games in 2023?
The PS4 is a version of PlayStation’s console released before the PS5. As such, most game developments centre more on the PS5 console than older consoles. However, the PS4 is not going to be suddenly frozen out. Game developers understand that many consumers will still use the PS4, so their developments must include them. Sony has announced that they will not abandon PS4’s fanbase for the foreseeable future.
Assasin’s Creed Mirage
AC Mirage is arguably the most anticipated console game in 2023. It will be Ubisoft’s newest addition to the Assassin’s Creed series. AC series are adventure games about an assassin involved in a rivalry between 2 societies set in an ancient era. Since 2006, the series has released multiple arcs of the storyline. From announcements, the game will be available on both PS4 and PS5 and even PC.
Lords of The Fallen
Lords of the Fallen is also an action game first released on PC and PS4 in 2014. It also gained mobile gaming traction in 2017. It is a roleplaying single-player game that console and PC gamers look forward to unwrapping this October. The plot is about a former prisoner who tries to restore order to a world after the death of a ruling god. Lords of the Fallen was developed by both Deck 13 and CI games.
The Lord of The Ring: Return to Moria
The Lord of the Rings is another game series based on the fictional Middle Earth in the popular movie franchise. Free Range Games developed it. The Lord of the Rings game is a survival game with crafting elements. It features different types of characters set in a procedurally generated environment. Though the game will be available for Windows PCs, it will not be available on the PS4.
Arzest combined with the Sonic team to release yet another version of the Sonic game initially released in the 1990s. The Sonic series is about a hedgehog with paranormal speed trying to evade obstacles and villains. Unlike other versions of Sonic, the game has a 2.5D perspective and is designed to hold up to four players co-op. Sonic Superstars will be available on PS4 and PS5 by October this year
Alan Wake 2 and Other Games
Sadly, PS4 owners will miss out on yet another excitement this year. Remedy Entertainment’s anticipated survival game will be available on PC, PS5, and consoles from other brands. Alan Wake II is a third-person perspective action game with a horror theme as opposed to its adventure-themed prequel. It also features detective elements and a dialogue tree system. Other exciting games include:
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2. Exclusively available on PS5, Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 promises action and adventures in October. The widely awaited game is a single-player game created by Insomniac Games in third perspective. Peter Parker and Miles Morales can play in New York City with hurdles for a hero to overcome. Both Spiderman characters have been given more features for more efficient crime fighting.
- Ghost Runner 2. PS4 users also miss out on the upcoming Ghostrunner game this October. One More Level has developed a sequel to Ghostrunner, set in a Cyberpunk world in a post-apocalyptic scene. This future verse was destabilised after the death of a ruler known as the Keymaster. Your opposition is a band of artificially intelligent bots infiltrating humanity’s last refuge. Your character takes enemies down in a flash in a first-person perspective.
- Sword Art Online Last Recollection. The plot of Sword Art Online (SAO) Last Recollection was drafted from the popular anime with the same name. The game is an alternative reality to its prequel, where the characters had met a tragic end in the war of the underworld. Aquaria designed SAO’s thrilling new edition for both PS4 and PS5. It is made of multiple arcs, features characters from the original anime, and more.
- EA Sports UFC 5. UFC fans relish taking opponents down in a ring using their favourite fighters. UFC 5 is a game that has been improved across multiple versions with features like a well-defined career mode. Both PS4 and PS5 will experience the ultimate ring fights in gaming. EA Sports promises the most realistic matches with many techniques and jaw-dropping graphics.
- Ghostbusters: Rise of the Ghost Lord. The upcoming masterpiece is a product of a collaboration between nDreams and Sony Pictures. It is a virtual reality game based on the well-known Ghostbusters movie franchise. The adventure game will be available on PlayStation VR2 for single and multiplayer modes for up to 4 players. You get the opportunity to upgrade and customise your character’s appearance.
Should I get a Playstation or a Gaming PC
There are several factors to consider before choosing between a console and a gaming PC. Generally, PC games are cheaper because companies pay less taxes, but a gaming PC costs way more than a console. All newly released games will be available on the newest console edition, but older consoles have no assurance. While many games are not available on PC, the games available are available for all PCs. Gaming consoles are solely designed for maximum gaming, even with the additional features in recent games. A PC can be used for gaming and a whole lot more. Both consoles and PCs are valid options for gaming.
There are a lot of video games to look forward to this October. It would be best to get a console if you still need one to experience all the fun. Some creators have released demo versions of their games, so do well to test the waters with the demos.