Cotton Fantasy, the latest entry in the Cotton series. will make its way to the Nintendo Switch and PS4 in the first quarter of 2022. The game was released in Japan as Cotton Rock ‘n’ Roll this past December. The game will release in both physical and digital editions.
Cotton Fantasy Headed to Switch and PS4
A few different editions will be released. The game can be bought directly through retailers, or through Strictly Limited Games. The Strictly Limited Games version edition will feature alternative artwork and a colorful manual that is not included in retail versions. A limited collectors edition will also be sold with exclusive collectibles, including the official Cotton Nendoroid figure.
The story sees willows vanishing from Fairyland. The Fairy Queen has Silk take on the case to get to the bottom of the disappearances. Nata de Cotton is also on board for the adventure to assist Silk.
The new release boasts the below features.
- Modern, HD graphics and new shoot ’em up game mechanics, including Psyvariar‘s “Buzz” system and Sanvien‘s “Time Attack” mechanic
- 6 iconic, playable characters to choose from, each with different mechanics and attacks, even including guests like Umihara Kawase and Luffee from Doki Doki Poyacchio
- Easily accessible Shoot ‘em up gameplay, perfect for newcomers, but with enough depth for veterans
- 16 colorful and varied scrolling stages to unlock, with vertical, horizontal, and 3D movement
- A light-hearted story with fun and charming cutscenes voiced entirely in Japanese (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish subtitles included)
- An exhilarating soundtrack featuring iconic remastered tracks from past games
- Unlockable content and different characters offer high replayability
- Aim for the high score in your nation and globally with the featured ranking boards
Are you picking up Cotton Fantasy? Sound off in the comments below.