Daedalic Entertainment is happy to announce that Blackguards 2 has been released on Nintendo Switch. The turn-based strategy-RPG originally launched on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, when it was praised for a superb job building over its 2014 predecessor. Filling the gap for dark and mature epic fantasy RPGs on Nintendo Switch, Blackguards 2 features a gritty storyline, alongside deep lore and strategy mechanics while pitting players against challenging enemies.
Blackguards 2 Now Available on Nintendo Switch
Deep in the dungeons of Aventuria, Cassia waits for her chance to break out and claim what she perceives as rightfully hers: the Shark Throne. To achieve her goal and overthrow the man that took everything from her, the young noble will have to recruit the Vanquishers of the Nine Hordes and other mercenaries. Every choice matters in this dark tale and Cassia needs all her wits about her to control the army of criminals – and lead her squad to victory or to certain death.
In Blackguards 2, the player chooses the playstyle. Front line combatants, ranged fighters or dangerous mages – up to 20 characters can join the party and head into battle. Every challenging hexfield battle needs a new strategy and the wrong spell might result in death. When every action during battle has consequences, each move has to be carefully considered. Not only do the player’s choices matter on the battlefield, but throughout the entire game. Cassia’s story is not set in stone and fateful decisions can influence the ending of the game and the fate of the squad.
- Recruit mercenaries, find upgrades and build an indomitable army
- Find the Vanquishers of the Nine Hordes and see what has become of Takate, Naurim and Zurbaran
- A story with many twists and turns, fateful decisions and more than 20 challenging hours of playtime awaits you
- Command up to 20 characters in your party and lead them to death or glory
- Master and finish the game on many different non-linear paths
- Make decisions influencing your squad and the ending of the game
- Choose your spells, talents and skills wisely, since they dictate your strategy on the battlefield. Give priority to offensive or tactic in challenging battles
- Interact with your environment and let walls collapse or even discover new routes on your journey through Aventuria
- Lay waste to your enemies with powerful spells and abilities. But be on your guard: your foes may wield them as well
Blackguards 2 has launched on Nintendo Switch. More information is available on the Nintendo eShop.
Stay tuned to Last Word on Gaming for all the latest gaming news and reviews.