SQUARE ENIX® today announced that the highly anticipated sixth release in the FINAL FANTASY pixel remaster series, FINAL FANTASY® VI, will be releasing on February 23 for Steam® and mobile platforms in North America. Fans can embark on an enhanced journey in the popular RPG with completely new graphics and audio as a 2D pixel remaster.
FINAL FANTASY VI Set for February 23 Release
What to Know Prior to Retail Release
Regarded as one of the most beloved games in the FINAL FANTASY series, FINAL FANTASY VI features a robust roster of playable characters, each with their own stories, goals and destinies. Players will be able to customize their party members’ abilities, magic spells and summons with the acclaimed magicite system. In addition, players can look forward to many improvements and updates for FINAL FANTASY VI, including:
- Universally updated 2D pixel graphics, including the iconic FINAL FANTASY pixel character designs created by Kazuko Shibuya, the original artist and current collaborator.
- A beautifully rearranged soundtrack in a faithful FINAL FANTASY style, overseen by the original composer Nobuo Uematsu.
- Improved gameplay, including modernized UI, auto-battle options and more!
- Supplemental extras like the bestiary, illustration gallery and music player.
FINAL FANTASY VI Pre-Purchase Bonuses
Those who pre-purchase FINAL FANTASY VI on Steam will receive early purchase bonuses, including four wallpapers, five music tracks, and a 20% discount. The wallpapers, timelapse special tracks, which transition from the iconic original versions to the new arrangements, and an instrumental music track are available through early purchase or via the bundle on Steam. The music tracks include:
- The Decisive Battle (Timelapse Remix)
- Terra’s Theme (Timelapse Remix)
- Searching for Friends (Timelapse Remix)
- Locke’s Theme (Timelapse Remix)
- Aria di Mezzo Carattere (Instrumental)
About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal™. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 164 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 83 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 85 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at https://square-enix-games.com
Leave your comments in the comments section below and let us know your thoughts!
Stay tuned to Last Word on Gaming for all the latest gaming news and reviews.